Friday, April 20, 2007

Iron Chef Midwest


This afternoon finds me alone and hungry. Everyone else in the house has better things to do than sit around playing video games, like school, or a job. I however, have a quest. That quest is to find food.

Like most normal humans, I woke up late, and stumbled downstairs in my PJ's to find some grub. After looking in the fridge, the pantry, the freezer, under my bed, and in the phonebook (in that order), these are my options



  • Peeps

  • Quesadilla using the last flour tortilla and a bag of shredded cheese

  • Foil-wrapped mystery food

  • Frozen hunk of pork

Well the quesadilla seemed the best option, but in my infinite brilliance, I pushed "4:55" on the microwave, instead of ":45" so my food is somewhat on the black and viscous side. I would make mac and cheese, but we're out of milk, and I would order chinese, but we're out of money. This leaves me with no choice but to mix the sugar-covered marshmallow bunnies with the pork and hope for the best.

4 comments:

Dagromm said...

You don't need milk to make the mac and cheese just butter. A little tip from someone with high cholesterol.

plug said...

we're out of butter too.

LIT said...

Always go for protein---that would be the pork. Heat in conventional oven; that is not a microwave. Less likelihood of shrinkydinks.

Sugar is not your friend---avoid it if you can.

Last resort: Drink lots of water. It's filling. Hope you still have that.

Rake said...

EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Yeah, I agree, mac and cheese without milk.

But I know what you mean.....

That's why I eat at my friends houses all the time.