Thursday, May 3, 2007

MMmmmm... Bananas...

I got paid today, and received approximately 2x as much as last paycheck. SWWWEEEEETT!


My boss also told me that within a year I could very possibly be a Training Manager, which would mean I'd stay here, but be making around 34K a year. This would effectively lower me from a 7 to an attractive looking 3 on the stress-O-meter. Or possibly I'd be doing what we call "Guerrilla Marketing."





This is a pretty awesome sounding job, which would involve me traveling around the country taking steps to insure the downfall of rival companies, and our rise to supreme domination.

Seriously.



There's also a driver who, despite the fact that we've worked together for over 2 months, still doesn't know my name. I'm his BOSS half the time, but he still calls me "Phil" or "Hey You" most of the time. Sometimes he just calls me "BJ" but I'm not entirely sure where this comes from, and frankly I find it too funny to correct him. He's not the brightest, and it was hard enough trying to explain that when customers give him money, he has to give it to us. I'm afraid telling him that my name isn't what he thought is was might make his brain explode.
I already had to clean up after a drunk guy blew chunks (beer chunks) all over my lobby (he then went to the bathroom, came out later without his shirt, and went next door to buy more beer), and I don't want to deal with the potential mess involved.

So I guess I'll be BJ for a while.

2 comments:

Chillax said...

I knew I got into the wrong business.

Dagromm said...

I don't know the names of most the people around the office I work at. They know me though and that's what's important.