Sunday, May 20, 2007

Church/Contents of my Trash Can

Perhaps God is mad at me, so I went to church this morning to sort things out. My phone broke a little while ago, my car broke on Friday, my house was broken when I got there, and I still haven't gotten the mud off of my new Nikes. Yes, I'm practically Job at this point. Regardless, I'm sure it's nothing that a little P&P can't fix.

Going to church always does put a little of that "Go get 'em!" optomistic flair in you, and it certainly helps you count your blessings. Like the blessing of not being tone-deaf, a blessing the woman next to me this morning was not so fortuante to have recieved. Not you Mom, the one on my left.

There are other blessings but none seem blogworthy.




I moved this weekend, and I think it's worth it to commemorate some of the things I'm not taking with me. If I had my own prime-time spot I'd play "You had a Bad Day" and create a sappy, yet nostalgic montage to go along with this blog, but sadly I'm not Mark Burnett, and do not own TV.

First I'll say goodbye to my nightstand. I'm sorry I painted you that heinous seafoam, but I promise it was only to cover up the Nickelodeon stickers I covered you with all those years ago. You were always there when I needed a place for my lint-covered pocket change, and for that you will be remembered.




Next, I'll bid farewell to my sophomore health class textbook, which was accidentally stolen by me in my haste to get the hell out of school. I'll never forget the tasteless drawings inscribed by your former owners, and most importantly you taught me what the Gooch really is.




And finally I feel I must make special mention of my little black book of girls #'s. Ever since cell phones had phone books, you've been obsolete, but it's the simple fact of your existence that counts. Even by Little Black Book standards, you sure were little.








8 comments:

LIT said...

Your first paragraph tells me that things are going normally.

Congratulations on getting rid of some nostalgia items; hope that is a dominant gene. We could use a little of that.

LIT said...

P.S. Great looking new blog page.

Chillax said...

Lit really is jazzed about the new page design. She called to tell me about it.

Goo said...

So, you're sending the change of address e-mail posthaste right?

Dagromm said...

I'm glad you had the presence of mind to let everyone know that you hadn't drawn those pictures. Deflection is the best defense.

Dagromm said...

Oh, and I also like the new template. I didn't call anybody about it, but I like it.

polio said...

lit- yeah about as normal as Normal can be.

goo- is that required these days? i guess i can if i know people's emails...

dagromm- ok ok maybe one or two were me, but the rest: nuh uh.

and it's nice to know my choice in template warrants a phone chain - thanks guys, i like it too

Goo said...

Yes. Change of physical address notification is still a requirement. Otherwise, how will we know where to go when you announce you're having a party?