Monday, June 18, 2007

It's That Time Again!


Hooray, drum corps season has started!!!!

Opening weekend of DCI summer tour was this past weekend, with shows in Coon Rapids MN, Pleasant Hills CA, Annapolis MD, Stockton CA, Menomonie WI, and Pittsburgh PA. I've been looking at scores, and here's what I project for top 12:


1. SCV

2. Phantom Regiment

3. Blue Devils

4. Cavaliers

5. Bluecoats

6. Cadets

7. Carolina Crown

8. Blue Knights

9. Glassmen

10. Madison Scouts

11. Colts

12. Blue Stars


I'll try not to post too much about corps, but I'll post finals scores to compare with this list.


In other news, I started my Manager Certification Training class today. I sat in class for 5 hours, but it was really pretty awesome, and although I'm the youngest in my training class, I have the most managerial experience (and the most at my business too). We had to sign forms saying we wouldn't sell the secrets they tell us, and since I'm actually learning the secrets now, I took it a bit more seriously than the form I signed when I was hired.


And lastly I called this girl today. We've been doing things together recently, but never by ourselves. I feel like since my job has become a career, and I've moved out of my parent's house I should step up my personal life too, but it's harder than it should be. It took a good deal of psyching up to finally call her, and in the end I got her voicemail. It was my chance to be a man about it, and this is what I said

"Hey there, it's polio... um... just calling to say 'Hey'... oh and um...to see if you wanted to come out with us tonight... bye"


They call me Mr. Smooth.

3 comments:

Goo said...

Glad to know you got the family smooth gene.

plug said...

Great news! You're not allowed to sell the secrets but can you give them away for free? Consult your gentleman's guide - I'll bet there is advice in there about how to transition from friends to more than.

Dagromm said...

Here's all the managerial learning you need to know. Don't be an a-hole and Treat your people right and give them kudos and thanks whenever you can. Keep those two things in mind and you can be a really strong manager. It's amazing how many managers I coach that can't seem to get those two things down.